SUMMARY OF POSITION
Manages back of the house operations of assigned restaurant; responsible for achieving planned sales and profit levels for the restaurant through the implementation, management, and enforcement of company policies, procedures, programs, and performance standards. Provide direction to back of house staff, ensuring execution of all employee duties to guarantee maximum guest satisfaction and quality work environment.
Reports: Directly to General Manager
Internal: Extensive contacts with all levels of store personnel as well as all home office departments.
External: Extensive contacts include guests, distributors, repair technicians, salespersons, and community organizations and schools.
- Demonstrates principles actions, uses sound judgment and follow through on commitments.
- Anticipates problems and issues and makes timely and sound decisions.
- Demonstrates a passion and working knowledge of food, liquor, beer and wine.
- Leads by example and maintains a guest first focus.
- Sets and shares goals with team, monitors and tracks progress of goals.
- Directly and honestly addresses issues and resolves conflicts and seeks opportunities for improvement.
- Clarifies roles, responsibilities, priorities and expectations.
POSITION ACTIVITIES AND TASKS
- Assists the restaurant staff to achieve plan profit levels while ensuring maximum guest satisfaction and development and training of employees.
- Ensures that all menu items are prepared, portioned and presented properly n a clean, safe and sanitary manner, according to all established procedures, performance standards, and local health department regulations.
- Required, under certain circumstances, to perform/assist all functions for all positions in the restaurant.
- Ensures that inventory levels for both food and non-food items are properly maintained in accordance with company guidelines through correct ordering procedures and efficient usage and yield application.
- Ensures the unit's compliance to productivity and service standards with a sufficient number of well-trained and productive employees.
- Ensures proper management of the facility and equipment through preventive maintenance, energy conservation, repairs, security measures, and adherence to safety and sanitation requirements.
- Conducts employee activities to include staffing, training and conducting performance reviews with all kitchen personnel, as well as recommending salary increases and issuing employee work counseling.
- Accountable for accurate financial data to include: payroll, restaurant supplies, inventories, productivity food costs, and operating expenses.
- Attends unit management meetings and regional kitchen manager meetings; makes presentations as requested.
- Responsible for meeting established objectives during periods of his/her or Key hourly’s supervision.
- Anticipates, identifies and corrects system breakdowns to achieve guest satisfaction.
- Responsible for all communications with regard to system breakdowns and deficiencies.
- Ensures the thorough training and development of Key Hourly and other non-exempt personnel supervised, and the documentation thereof.